Popular Posts

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 6 Part 1

Ok it's Saturday and the weekends are usually especially hard for all us. Most of us don't have much of a routine on Saturday so we may not work out, move around as much or eat right. At least that was my pattern so I am trying very hard to break that bad habit.  I guess this was weighing heavy on my mind because I woke up at 5 a.m. today!  So I told myself to make the best of it, embrace it.  And that's exactly what I did.  I got up and moved at my own pace, got on line and checked things out, went through the grocery ads to prepare for Monday nights grocery shopping, made my to-do list etc.  And the first thing on my list was to walk a mile and a half - day one of walking. Well I jumped up their with all the enthusiams as kid on his birthday but I have to say not using my treadmill in over a year really made it a bit more difficult.  I did however walk a mile and a quarter - only a quarter mile shy! Not too bad I say but I really could take no more.  Then feeling a bit guilty about not meeting my walking goal I laid on my floor and did 10 crunches 10 backwards crunches and used my hand weights to do 10 arm lifts in two different directions.  So all in all I am quite pleased with myself. 
Last time I went on this journey I was obsessed and I weighed myself every freaking day - not this time - no torture.  We are weighing in every other Monday so the next weigh in isnt until the 17th, but I can not possibly wait that long but I will wait until Monday to get my one week results.  My goal is to do the treadmill each day before work and on Saturdays. Sunday's is my day off.  What?? Don't judge me even the good Lord took Sunday off.  I hope everyone is doing well, and I encourage each of us to give this all we got,.  For ourselves and our families.  Please comment and let me know how you are doing!!

No comments: